Purpose of eXciteOSA:
eXciteOSA is an electrical muscle stimulation device that treats mild sleep apnea by strengthening the tongue muscles. Sleep therapy works with the collaboration of a dentist and a sleep health professional for an effective solution.
The box contains the following parts:
- Control unit having Bluetooth connectivity
- A fifteen cm USB Cable
Featuring a silicone body, the mouthpiece has electrodes on the top. At the bottom, there is a USB-C type connector. The control unit has an LED light under the logo. It also has a USB-C type connector.
How to use the device?
Firstly, ensure that the silicon mouthpiece is undamaged when you open the box. Place the mouthpiece under running cold tap water. However, do not let the USB port get wet. Dry the device with a clean washcloth. Now you can connect the mouthpiece with the control unit. Once fixed, insert the device into your mouth carefully, placing it around the tongue. The part of the mouthpiece having electrodes must reach out to the back of your tongue, where the muscles need stimulation. Once you place the device on your tongue close your mouth gently. Be careful not to clench or grind the mouthpiece.
Necessary precautions while using eXciteOSA:
- Those who have dental issues such as a cavity, swollen gums, or any other problem must consult the dentist before the device.
- This is daytime therapy. You cannot use the device while sleeping.
- Look out for signs of adverse reactions, including saliva accumulation, tingling sensation on the tongue, and tooth sensitivity.
- In case you feel numbness or pain after using the device, immediately contact your dentist or sleep consultant.
- Pregnant women should avoid using the device.
eXciteOSA comes with a smartphone application. This helps in controlling the device. Also, it monitors the performance by recording important medical information as you place the device on your tongue. For example, you can record the time duration for which you place the device on your tongue and increase it gradually over time. Such information is very important to measure the efficacy of therapy. It is very easy to sign-up and log on to the app.
Everyone wishes for a peaceful sleep at night, especially your sleeping partner who bears your snores. Improve your life quality with the help of such therapies to treat snoring and mild sleep apnea.